Ubuntu partner programmes
Ubuntu retail partners
Computers with Ubuntu pre-loaded are available globally
We partner with the world’s biggest manufacturers to optimise and certify Ubuntu on their laptops and PCs. And we work with them and retailers to ensure home users, students, the self-employed, small businesses and everyone else has access to Ubuntu’s security, speed and stability, from wherever they are. As a result Ubuntu pre-installed computers now sell in all the world’s major markets.
- 500 Bodega Aurrera stores in Mexico carry Ubuntu laptops thanks to our partnership with parent company Wal-Mart.
- Online stores from Amazon, Dell, HP and ASUS offer a choice of laptops to US consumers.
- 800 Dell stores across India retail Ubuntu laptops and now across 100 large format retail Croma and Reliance locations.
- 2,500 stores In China carry Ubuntu laptops as a result of our partnerships with HP and Dell.
- Our partnership with Dell brings Ubuntu computers to 420 stores in Thailand.
- We currently have e-tail presence with Citilink and Ulmart in Russia. Shortly, we will have presence across 150 retail shops as well.
Our partnerships bring computers to retail
We’ve been working with partners like Dell, HP and Lenovo for years to ensure that Ubuntu devices reach market as effectively as possible. With the help of these partners, Ubuntu machines are distributed around the world and can be found in both their exclusive and partner stores.
Canonical and Dell work together to deliver Ubuntu computers from entry-level laptops to high-end developer machines. They are available in nearly 2,500 Dell stores across China, India, Indonesia, Russia and Thailand and globally online.
HP enthusiastically market Ubuntu products globally. 1500 stores in China carry HP laptops as do 500 stores of Bodega Aurrera, the Wal-Mart owned Mexican retailer. Online HP sell Ubuntu laptops globally.
Canonical has been shipping Ubuntu on Lenovo’s popular Think Center and Idea Center machines for over 12 months to Brazil and China through their in-country websites.
Amazon are a keen partner in selling Ubuntu preloaded machines on both their French website Amazon.fr and in the US on Amazon.com.
Become an Ubuntu partner
Interested in becoming an Ubuntu partner? Talk to us today to learn more about our programmes.
Do you offer different services to your customers? Learn more about other Ubuntu partner engagements.